Sunday, August 14, 2011

Ooooh da budd-ah-flies…

DSC03729

Hello everyone… It’s our Independence day today and it started with a bang… thunderstorm; incredibly strong cool winds and COLD rain! Every thing on my roof, the garden chairs etc just flew away… my cats were so scared! Anyhoo, it was scary but I kinda liked the scary sounds the wind made and the cold rain…

I have a tag for you today and it is based on the PDCC colour story. This the second thing I made for my mum’s friend and it goes with the last card I posted. Her grandson saw the last card and was like “ooohhh da buddddahhflies” LOL I laughed out SO LOUD! Apparently he reads “the butterfly book” which is a kid’s guide to raising butterflies and he is raising DOOH (two) butterflies right now.

This tag has the same butterflies as the last card minus the layered scallops and wood grain texture.

DSC03727

The outer scallops and hand drawn and cut (you can see they are irregular). The butterflies are “coloured printouts” I just coloured over them. Everyone thought I have been colouring the butterflies from scratch… this is not the case… these are original butterfly pictures printed out…

The glitter balls and yellow self adhesive gems are from Pie Lane. The sentiment is from TradeFish Designs (the same one that I used on my last card).

I added a bit of faux stitching and lots of distressing to give it a finished look.

Alrighty, that’s it for today…  I leave you with this picture…

288047_2115317374174_1582893722_1951184_5039799_o Dunkin’ Donuts at Dolmen Mall (Food Court)

Have one on me! :p

Challenges: PDCC94, Delightful Sketches, All Sorts, The poodles parlour, Simply scrapping crafts, Papercraft Star, Crafty Ann’s

 

27 comments:

Crafterkhush said...

please send me some donuts.. Slurp... Yum...!!

lalkygirl said...

fabulous creation ,i love the butterflies they are so pretty ,thanks for joining us at the poodles parlour and good luck
tracey x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great tag, love the colours of your butterflies!

Thank you for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Unknown said...

OMG! this is absolutely Gorgeous!! love those butterflies and the colors!! so elegant~

Mallika said...

apne pair pe kulhadi maar li ET !
i M NOT SEEING THE CARD .. I WANT DONOUTS !
CHOCO FROSTED !

Hussena said...

love your tag the butterflies are indeed very beautiful ,and don't even get me started on those yummy donuts at loss for words rite now sigh.........

Debs said...

Gorgeous tag and the butterflies are beautiful.
Thanks for playing along with us at Allsorts this week.
Good luck
Debs xx

Jill said...

Love the colours on your tag. Great with the text on the side and the butterflies are beautiful
Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week and good luck
Hugs, Jill

Tracy said...

I was doing just fine scrolling through your beautiful tag post and BAM you hit me with doughnuts! LOL Store's to far so I'll have to suffer now. LOL Love your tag E.T.! Your work is always beautiful and we love seeing it each week here at Papercraft Star. Thanks for playing!

yyam said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! :)

Avni said...

Beu-ddiful buddaa flies!:) how do u color them? with copics?

Ujjwal said...

This tag is so pretty! I love those earthy colors and you simply rock with those glitter balls :)

Unknown said...

Brilliant...complete eye candy...nothing less expected from you anyway

Shubhra said...

Wow...in love with this tag !

Spardha said...

Beautiful card!.. Love the butterflies.. they fit in everywhere! :D
And YUMMY pic! :D <3

Denise said...

Polished and beautiful! Thanks for playing in the Cafe - we love seeing your work.

Mari said...

This feels so warm and summery! Love the kraft background - and your butterflies are (as always!) just gorgeous!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I so enjoyed reading your post, and looking at this fab round tag. YOu've used the challenge colors in such an awesome way! THanks for playing with us at THe Play DAte CAfe!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oooo, you're trying to send me on a doughnut run. Aren't you, Erum? They're totally and completely my weakness, but my faves are Lamars. They just cannot be beat!

Your creation is absolutely gorgeous! LOVE those two-tone butterflies and all those gorgeous embellishments! Plus, I'm over here swooning over the shape! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Dawn T said...

Clever idea ET to colour over the print outs. Thanks for sharing with us over at SSC

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Seriously mopping the drool off my chin. Can I come over for colouring lessons? Can I, please????

Ann Whitfield said...

Gorgeous card ET, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Ruby said...

You're brave hand cutting your own scallops, I wouldn't even attempt it, I would never hace guessed, they are great!! Lovely tag, so pretty with the budd-ah-flies (so cute!) and those little beads are fab! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe this week!

Alyna said...

yum yum yum.... lovely donuts :). so many did u have????
Now this is wut u do when u create with ur heart in it :) simple but really nice. like ur butterflies :)
hugs
Alyna

Clare said...

What a fun card! Love those pretty butterflies, and the lovely colors! Those gems are the perfect finishing touch!
Ooo, and add me to the list of people wanting those donuts! ;)

Claire said...

Gorgeous tag, the butterflies are gorgeous and the colours you've used look stunning! thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Ann's and good luck
Claire xx

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

Beautiful tag! Love the shape and of course your butterflies! Yum with the donuts! Are the mini pizzas donuts? Not sure about that one, but the chocolate ones... delish!